Are you a computer whiz? This article will show you how to get all the best technology and programs to make your bedroom into an ideal place for you or a computer whiz you know!
- Plan the layout of your room. Leave some space for a personal area (e.g. bookcase, ornaments, bed, TV, etc.) whilst making room for your computer.
- Get a computer and a desk. Any computer will do, so long as you understand how it works.
- Download the basic and complicated programs needed. Make sure you have a fast web browser, a word processor, security systems, email, etc.
- Get your equipment. This is to make your computer station look professional. Stuff like webcams, speakers, built-in microphones, photo-downloading equipment, a FLIP camera, and a good laser printer would do nicely. A wireless keyboard wouldn’t be too bad either.
- Get some accessories for your desk. Things like wastepaper baskets, pen cups, a stack of books, a tea coaster, a bowl of snacks, folders, phone books, etc.
- If you have a husband/wife, make sure they’re okay with it first!
- If you are living at your parent’s home; ask your parents first.
- Try not to go over the top with stuff, mainly the accessories. Don’t have too much of anything and make sure there’s room to move with all those wires.
- Don’t let pets in your room. They’ll pee/poop on the equipment, jump up onto/at your desk, smash stuff, and generally cause havoc.
- Don’t put too many plugs in a socket. This causes powercuts and also power overloads which can cause fires.
- Be careful with drinks near your computer and equipment.
- Don’t let cables trail in high traffic walkways like doorways as they are a trip hazard.