If you are seeking a new job or career in the technology field, there are a variety of websites and online resources you can visit and take advantage of to find listings for technology jobs. Although there may be a limited number of job sites that feature technology jobs only, there are numerous job sites in general that will allow you to restrict your job search to display technology jobs. Continue reading to learn how you can use the Internet to locate available technology jobs.
1. Read online reviews about job sites. Many blogs and websites that focus specifically on technology will often feature reviews, articles, and recommendations on the best technology websites or job sites in general.
- Visit any Internet search engine and enter keyword combinations such as “best job websites” or “technology job site reviews” to locate articles or features about job sites you can visit.
- Read the “Comments” section of particular articles or blogs that feature reviews of job websites. In some cases, other readers will offer helpful suggestions, advice, and links to alternate job websites that are not already featured in the article.
- Visit an Internet search engine of your choice and type in keywords similar to “technology job websites.”
- Review your search results and visit websites that feature technology jobs. An example of a website you may see featured in your search results is “Dice,” which is a job website that features thousands of available jobs in technology fields only.
- Search for job database websites in any Internet search engine, using keywords such as “job sites” or “employment websites.” An example of a major job database website is “Indeed.”
- Enter keywords into the job website that are related to a specific, or desired, technology field. For example, if you are looking for a position that allows you to design websites, enter “web developer” into the search fields. You will then be shown available positions in which designing websites may be a key job duty.
- Use the advanced search option to review jobs in the technology category. Most job websites will have an advanced search option that allows you to view available jobs by category. In some cases, you may be able to specify a technology sub-category or field that best suits you; such as information technology (IT), engineering, or technical support.
- Browse each job website for a link or section that allows you to sign up for email notifications. For example, if you are using the Dice website, click on the link for “Save this Search as a Search Agent” from any job search results page to sign up for email alerts.
- In most cases, you may be required to sign up and establish a profile for a specific job site if you want to receive future email notifications on available technology job postings.
- Look for technology jobs on websites that feature classified ads for your local area, such as Craigslist. You may be able to browse technology jobs that are broken into sub-categories; such as “internet engineers,” “systems,” “network,” and “web.”
- Do not provide sensitive, personal information such as your Social Security Number, credit card number, or bank account and routing numbers to any technology job website. Any job website that requests this type of information may attempt to charge you for job-search fees and may not be legitimate.