Your iPad can access the internet through a wireless network or through a cellular data plan. This article will walk you through the steps for doing each.
Joining a Wi-Fi Network
1. Open Settings by touching the Settings icon on your iPad’s home screen.
Open Settings by touching the Settings icon on your iPad’s home screen.
2. Tap Wi-Fi. Make sure the switch says “on.”
3. Join a network. To do so, tap Settings, then Wi-Fi, and wait for a list of networks in range to appear. Then, select a network to join simply by tapping the name of the network.
- If a lock icon appears next to the name of a network, then enter the password and tap Join.
If a lock icon appears next to the name of a network, then enter the password and tap Join.
- Be aware that some Wi-Fi networks may require you to pay a fee in order to join.
Joining a Cellular Data Network
1. Sign up for a data plan with a local carrier. Before you can join a cell data network with a 3G plus Wi-Fi iPad, you must sign up for data plan with a local carrier.
- If your iPad came with a micro-SIM card and is connected to a cell data network, you will see a 3G, E, or ˚ icon in the Status Bar.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Tap Cellular Data.
- Tap View Account and follow the onscreen instructions.
f you can not see View Account in the Cellular Data screen ensure your SIM card is in the ipad, then connect your ipad to itunes. Next you should be prompted by itunes that “There is an update to your carrier settings”. Click yes to this, then after the sync the View Account screen should be there.
Things You’ll Need
- Wi-fi or data network
Source : http://www.wikihow.com/