Before any game, do you ever feel unmotivated? Perhaps tired and just all around…bleh? There are things you can do to change that immediately. Just follow these steps…
Breathe slowly. Breathing deep and slow will help you relax your muscles and more efficiently spread important nutrients like oxygen. A small but important factor that many people don’t think about. It’s actually pretty easy-just breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth..
Eat something. Eat something somewhat small, but high in energizing nutrients, with plenty of protein, some carbohydrates, and some calories. My favorite is honey, because it enters the blood stream quick and gives you that solid, less anti-groggy feeling. Other things you can eat are almonds and nuts, a small serving of eggs, oatmeal, a banana, or just an energy bar.
Hydrate yourself. The worst mistake people make before a game is not being hydrated. It slows everything down, which is a no-brainier in the case why you feel unmotivated. All chemical reactions happen in the presence of water. Do NOT drink too much water right before a game, or else you will get cramps.
Listen to some good music. Get out your iPod and listen to something that either inspires you, or what’s better is rock or rap. Here are some bands and songs that people say get them pumped.
- Three Days Grace: Riot, I Hate Everything about you, Animal I have become.
- Nirvana: Smells like Teen Spirit, In Bloom
- sum41: Fat Lip, The Hell song, Underclass Hero, 88
- Metallica: (Any of their songs are great)
- Halo Theme Songs
- Nas: (Any of his songs are great)
- P.O.D. (It’s all good)
- Disturbed (It’s all good)
- Skillet(It’s all good)
- Kasabian: Fire,Club Foot, LSF,Processed Beats, Underdog (Basically Everything)
- Stretch and move around to get the blood flowing.
- Try to avoid soda and junk food before the game.
- Try not to sleep before a game, it may seem reasonable to do so, but you will feel very lazy because your body is not prepared for the game, and is still in the “relaxed” state
- Do not lift weights before your game. Two days before is fine, but if you lift right before your game or even that day, your body will be slow, sore, weak, and not pumped. You can lift a tiny bit to get the blood flowing and to feel warmed up but don’t do a full workout.
- Do not play video games or watch T.V. before a game! It kills your concentration!! SO GET OFF THE COMPUTER!!!!!!*