Now let’s say someone wants to get rid of a certain leader of their country, How would they go about removing him or her from office? All impeachments start with scandal!
1. Dig up the dirt; every corrupt politician has done at least one illegal thing. Find out what that one thing is.
2.Be sure to back up your allegations with proof.
3. Publish that information in a widely viewed medium.
4. Write editorials keep writing them, and write them everywhere you can, don’t forget to get other people to follow suit.
- In the US, impeachment is a specific legal process involving many detailed steps. Other democratic nations may have similar processes for the removal of governmental officials for cause.
- If your goal is to get a US Federal Government Official impeached, then you must bring to light an Impeachable Offense. Article II, Section 4 of the US Constitution says, “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” In the past, Congress has issued Articles of Impeachment for acts in three general categories:
- Exceeding the constitutional bounds of the powers of the office.
- Behavior grossly incompatible with the proper function and purpose of the office.
- Employing the power of the office for an improper purpose or for personal gain.
- There are several outcomes possible once this action is initiated. With enough facts and proof, you may successfully initiate a political scandal that could lead to an impeachment. If you lack proper facts and proof you may be written off by the media as an unbalanced personality with an agenda.
- Note that impeachment in the US does not necessarily mean a removal from office, nor stripping of power.
- After initiating such an action, be on your best behavior. The more accurate your allegations, the harder they will try to discredit you.
- This type of activity may be illegal in some countries, and could lead to jail time or your execution.
- Be sure your own record is clean before attacking a politician’s. If you owe some back taxes, do NOT attack a politician who lives in the same city as the IRS headquarters.