Forum marketing can be one of the most powerful ways of branding yourself. Here you will capture the best prospects to secure a pro-active downline. Be sure you do this right!
- Fill out your profile as well as possible. The most important tip (if marketing is your main objective) is to make a good forum signature by putting the Web Site Title with their URL given in it.
- NOTE: Never put an affiliate or (good Grief) an MLM link. Take the time and initiative to have your own domain/website. Cant afford one, get a free one at tripod.com. Many forum moderators have had it with the spammy methods most MLMers use with drive by shooting advertising.
- NOTE: Forum signatures use BBC-code. Use the following free program to easily make a good sig. in BBC
- Post an introduction about yourself (NOT a company sales pitch) in the Introduction section (almost every forum has such a section).
- Be active in answering questions, welcoming new people posting in the introduction section and ask relevant questions.
- Be as helpful as possible. Do not sell your company, sell yourself. If people like you, they will look at the company stated in your signature line.
- BE SEEN!
- Be sure to use an avatar (a picture of yourself or a logo). This can be added to your profile and will be shown beside all of your posts. This image will make it easy for people to recognise you and gives them a feeling of knowing you after seeing it all over.
- BE PROFESSIONAL!
- Do not use foul language or let your emotions get ahead of you. Be clear about your meanings, but try baseing them on facts.
- BE POSITIVE!
- Do not talk badly about other people businesses unless they are proven scams (be humble). In internet marketing, do not make your company look good by talking bad about the competition.
- Talking bad about other online businesses will only cast a shadow over the whole internet marketing concept (including your business).
- Making a big debate about someone elses bad business will probably only help that business to get noticed. Post your facts and then let people drown themselves.
- Check the forum’s rules to see if they have anything about advertising. If you are not permitted to advertise your website, do not.