Greetings cards can be a sincere and friendly form of communication and advertisement for your business. Read on to learn more about when and how to send business greeting cards.
1. Decide on the occasion and purpose. Start off by thinking on what occasion you are going to use your custom greeting cards for and for what purpose, weather you are going to use your greeting cards for personal use for family and friend or for your business for marketing and promoting your products and services. Here is a list how Personal and Business greeting cards are used.
2. Send a Thank You when you need to thank them for their business.
3. Send a greeting card at Christmas-time to promote a Christmas special.
4. Send a greeting card to every customer on their birthday.
5. Choose a format. Know what size you are going to use for your greeting cards, there are many sizes available but the two most common sizes 4×6 and 5×7. Once you know what size you are going to use set the page design to the preferred size on the software you are using. It is important to leave some bleed space when designing you greeting card if you are going to send it off to the printer.
6. Design proper bleed space. A bleed space is an extra area outside of your file that is trimmed to insure proper cuts. Please keep all important images and text (0.125 inch past final document size) from all sides to allow room from cutting. Text should not cross over the bleed mark.
7. Come up with a design. The simplest way is to draw it out on a paper come up with some design and send it to a graphic designer who can further help you with your design.
8. If you don’t want to use a graphic designer you can do this on your own.
9. Learn your printing options. It is better to print your greeting cards on Thick stock, 14pt Ultra Thick works the best. Also there are coating options available like UV High Gloss of Matte Coating. UV High Gloss gives your cards a shine, which prevents your Greeting cards from becoming bent or dirty.
- Your greeting card should come with envelopes if you have sent it off to the printer.
- For Business, Personal and hand written greeting cards always make a big impact, your clients will appreciate it and it will ensure return business.
- For Business Include your company name and website site on the greeting card design.