In this article, you will learn how to build, develop and profit from a free online games website. It does not help you make a professional-looking website – those are usually created by experts in the field.
- Decide how to brand your website. Most websites use ‘games’ in their title so users realize what kind of site they’re about to visit, however there are a few obvious exceptions, such as MiniClip, which is just about the most popular free online games website.
- Check that the URL (domain) for your website is available. Check the .com version is available at BetterWhois. Getting the .com is very important to branding, if it is not available you should reconsider your name.
- Choose a hosting company that can offer enough disk space and bandwidth.
- Gather the content. There are many sites that give away free games for your website, just search the Internet. If you’re willing to learn how, you should create your own games. This will give you original content, instead of regurgitating what other people have created.
- Learn HTML and CSS. Try searching for online tutorials.
- Work on design and coding. It is advisable to give as much interactivity as possible to users, so a knowledge of PHP, ASP or another scripting language is a good idea. Since this is a tutorial to do this free, we don’t recommend spending any cash to get someone else to program for you.
- Add all of the content you prepared to your design.
- Upload your site.