The Internet connects people from all over the world, making it possible for businesses to advertise their products and services on a global scale. Internet marketing is quickly becoming an important component of any business’s marketing scheme, whether that business be a multi-million dollar corporation or a small, at-home venture, and online advertising agencies are popping up all over the web. There are many forms of marketing for the web, including email marketing campaigns, pay per click, affiliate marketing, search engine optimization and more. Because of the many options available at your fingertips, finding the best web marketing company for your business’s needs takes time and research. Follow these tips for how to evaluate online advertising agencies for web marketing.
1. Evaluate your needs by asking yourself these questions:
- Are you interested in mass email marketing campaigns?
- Do you need website design services?
- What type of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) are you most interested in? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a way of planting keywords in your web content so that search engines naturally (“organically”) return your site as near the top of the search results as possible. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Marketing is a bit more expensive but puts your business in front of customers who are specifically looking for what you have to offer.
- Do you expect your online advertising agency to handle the marketing for you, or do you just need guidance? If you or your technical team is capable of handling the Internet marketing, then you may just want an ad agency to develop a marketing plan for your business that you can put into action.
- Are you interested in a complete marketing plan, or in running a single campaign?
- What will they do to increase traffic to your site? Is that traffic targeted (by choice), or are visitors being forced or tricked into landing on your site?
- How will they help grow your business? Not only is increased traffic important, but the rate of conversion from visitor to customer is equally important.
- What qualifications/experience do they have in developing successful marketing schemes for businesses with your particular needs?
- Can they refer you to customers who will give testimonials? Again, positive word of mouth is key.
- What kind of fees do they charge and what kind of customer satisfaction commitment do they make (regarding the return of fees)?
- Once you choose a web marketing company, conduct a trial period during which you monitor traffic flow to your site. The company may increase traffic flow, but if your site visitors are leaving your site right away before being converted to customers, you know your online advertising agency is not directing target traffic to your site. It’s time to try a new company.
- Beware of spammers on business forum sites that will use your inquiry as a means to lead you to their online advertising agencies.