A research paper is a 5 or more page long essay. The essay revolves around 1 topic, providing the reader with lots of information.
- Gather your info. Make sure YOU know about the topic. For example, if you were doing a research paper on “Illegal Immigration”, then you would gather statistics and interviews from famous people.
- Once you have gathered ENOUGH information, you have to interview someone. Interview someone who is related to the topic. Avoid interviews with family members. So for a topic, you would interview an immigration attorney or someone who works in a consulate or a law applicant.
- Expand your information. Expand the information, and get each paragraph peer edited at least 4 times, and once more by the teacher.
- Ask for help, when you need it
- Follow regular essay format
- MLA format is important
- Get your paper edited at least 10 times, by adults, peers, teachers, friends, and family members