A state identification card may be used in Arizona in place of a driver’s license. The ID card can serve as positive identification whenever necessary. Unlike a driver’s license, the identification card will not permit you operate a motor vehicle. Use these tips to replace a lost Arizona identification card.
Apply for a Lost Arizona Identification Card in Person
1. Find the nearest Arizona MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) office.
2. Appear at the Arizona MVD office with required documentation. Two forms of identification are required, including at least 1 photo identification. If you do not have a valid photo ID, a third form of documentation is required to prove your date of birth.
3. Complete required forms. Obtain and complete forms 40-5122 (application for identification card) and 96-0155 (acceptable forms of identification used). Form 40-5122 asks for your social security number, full name and address. Form 96-0155 provides a checklist for the forms of identification.
4. Submit forms at the Arizona MVD office. Include required paperwork and forms of identification.
5. Pay the required fee. Pay by check payable to Arizona Motor Vehicle Division. After you pay the fee for an Arizona identification card, your new card will be mailed to you at the address indicated on your paperwork.
Apply for a Replacement Arizona Identification Card Electronically
1. Visit the Arizona MVD website. On the main menu, click on “Online Services/Duplicate Driver License or Identification Card.” Then click on “Begin Duplicate Identification Card.”
2. Complete the menu driven requests for information. You need to provide your identification card number. If you do not know your identification card number, you will be asked for your social security number, full name and address.
3. Pay the required fee electronically by debit or credit card. Other forms of payment are not accepted. Your identification card will be mailed to you.
Apply for a Lost Arizona Identification Card by Phone
1. Call the Arizona MVD. Call between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm weekdays. Offices are closed on state holidays.
2. Answer the identification questions. You need to provide your identification card number. If you do not know your identification card number, you will be asked for your social security number, full name and address.
3. Confirm where to send payment for your Arizona ID card.
4. Send required payment to the Arizona MVD. Pay by check payable to Arizona Motor Vehicle Division. Your identification card will be mailed to you once your payment is received.
- Persons of any age may possess an Arizona identification card.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign the application for a person 18 years of age or younger.
- Identification cards are free to persons 65 years of age and older.
- The Arizona identification card never expires, unless it is being used to replace a suspended license.
- If applying in person, required forms 40-5122 and 96-0155 may be obtained in advance through the Arizona MVD website.
- You must possess a driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle. The Arizona identification card cannot be used to operate a motor vehicle.
- Apply for either an Arizona identification card or an Arizona driver license. Possession of both an identification card and a valid driver’s license is not permitted.
- If used in place of a suspended license, the identification card expires in 180 days.
Things You’ll Need
- 1 form of valid photo identification
- 2 forms of non photo identification
- Proof of date of birth
Source : http://www.wikihow.com/