Here is some useful information about some steps and tips that will help you the next time you are taking a long plane trip. If you know them before you go to airport, you will not need to wait in line to be processed.
1. If travelling internationally, get all of the statements that you will need in order on the airplane before landing. This can be the easiest way. Here is the list of statements you might need:
- a landing card
- a medical card
- a traveler’s personal effects statement
3. Immigration: Immigrants must pass through an immigration checkpoint. Here, you must hand in the documents which you prepared. If your documents are not correct, you must re-prepare them, so check them while you are waiting in the line.
4. After disembarking from your flight:
Customs: After you find your baggage, you have to go through customs. Have your customs form filled out and know what items you are travelling with. This will help you answer the customs officers questions.
- If you lose your way, don’t get desperate. Many people can help you at the airport.
- If you have some extra time, wait in front of your gate until it opens.
- What you know about the country can be useful and make it easier to get to the place where you are planning to go.
- All major airports offer many shops and displays, so don’t be afraid to look around and explore. Just keep an eye on your watch.
- Never leave your stuff alone, always have it with you
- Don’t get to the airport too late.
- If it is possible, arrive 2 or 3 hours before your departure for an international flight.