In Halo 3′s campaign you will eventually come up against Drones. They are weak and small, but in their vast numbers are one of the most powerful forces in the game. If you’re not careful you can find yourself in a tricky situation against them, so here’s a few tips on how to kill drones.
Note – Drones are a type of insect-like Covenant infantry found only in Halo 3′s campaign. They usually carry plasma pistols, but can also carry needlers, and have the ability to fly around the level.
1. Take cover! Drones appear from nowhere with only a moments notice and can be devastating if you are not in cover. Their plasma pistols can deplete your shields very quickly, so if you are out of cover when they attack, find some fast. Their ability to fly and land on walls means they can shoot you almost anywhere, so take care when finding cover.
2. Choose a suitable weapon. Close-range weapons such as the shotgun and energy sword are no use against drones. Instead, try and select explosive weapons (such as the rocket launcher or brute shot), automatic weapons (such as the SMG or dual plasma rifles) or medium-range weapons such as the battle rifle or carbine. If these aren’t available then try to find a less powerful weapon which may work.
3. Pick up a few plasma or spike grenades. Normal grenades won’t work as effectively as weapons, but if you have run out of ammunition, then they can be invaluable.
4. Fire from cover using a suitable weapon. If you have an explosive weapons such as a rocket launcher, then wait until the drones are clustered together to take them out with one shot. However, if no explosive weapons are available then your best chance is to either try and stick one with a plasma or spike grenade and hope it kills a large chunk of them or shoot them with a SMG. Pick off any survivors using a battle rifle or carbine.
5. Retreat if you have to. Drones are exceptionally good at depleting your shields quickly so take as much time as you need in a secure location to restore your health.
- Although vehicles with Marine gunners, ghosts or choppers can be effective against drones, be careful not to let them board you as they will most likely melee you to death unless you kill them (which is where said Marine gunner comes in handy to shoot them off).
- Drones are exceptionally deadly on harder difficulties, so be ever vigilant when taking them on at these levels.
Source: http://www.wikihow.comNo tags for this post.