Learn how to get your brand new iPod Touch up and running quickly.
- Open the iPod Touch package and read the manual(s). Connect the device to your computer and launch iTunes.
- If brand new, charge for 24-36 hours.
- Log or sign into your iTunes account by choosing “Store” and then “Sign In” from the menu bar. By default, iTunes will sync all of your songs, music, and videos. However, you can change this to become manually.
- Click on your “iPod Touch” on the sidebar to the left. Click on all the tabs (applications, music, and movies). Select everything that you want to be synced with your iPod Touch.
- Click “Sync” when you are finished.
- Wait until it is done syncing. When complete, your iPod Touch should be ready for use.
- Enjoy your new iPod Touch!
- Update your iTunes to the latest version prior to connecting your iPod Touch to insure you have the latest features.
- Connect your iPod Touch at least once a week to your computer so that it can be backed up and make sure you have the latest updates for it.
- Apple’s Mobile Me service allows your contacts, calendars and email pushed to your iPod Touch. Push means that you do not need to connect your iPod to your computer in order to update your information.
- If your library holds a massive amount of content then the initial setup will take a while.
- Make sure your iPod can hold all of your data if you plan on syncing your entire library.
- Newest iPod models require latest Mac OS X and iTunes versions.
Things You’ll Need
- An iPod Touch
- A Mac or PC (OS X 10.4.11 or later/Windows XP or later)
- iTunes (Version 9 or later)