How to make a DC electric motor out of things you can probably find around the house.
- Wrap the magnet wire around the battery 10-12 times but leave some extra on each end.
- Wrap the loose ends of the coil 3-4 times around the edge of the loop.Make sure that the distance between the wire and the top and bottom of the loopis equal on each side.
- Take the battery and put the safety pins on the + and – terminals then wrap the rubber band around the battery and safety pins so it looks like the battery is divided in half.
- Then scrape half of the enamel coat off each wire at the ends.
- Then you put the disc magnet between the terminals on top of the battery.
- Put the loop wires through the holes in the safety pins
- Then give it a kick start with your finger and watch your motor spin!
Things You’ll Need
- 22 AWG gauge magnet wire
- C-sized battery
- disc magnet
- 2 safety pins
- 1 rubber band