BlackBerry cell phones are some of the most popular smart phones on the market. These phones are especially useful for individuals who are on the go and need to access the internet and e-mail from their phones. The ability to access e-mail settings in the phone is essential to many BlackBerry users. Accessing the e-mail settings, and setting up one or multiple accounts on the phone is a simple task that can be completed in just a few minutes.
1. Turn your BlackBerry phone on, using the power button on the keyboard of the phone. Click on the phone’s BlackBerry symbol to access the phone’s menu. Once in the menu, click on the Setup Wizard button.
2. Follow all of the setup instructions, if it is the first time you are using the phone. The e-mail setup will one of the last things the user is instructed to do.
3. Select the “e-mail setup” button while in the Setup Wizard. Several options will be presented, including options to create or add an e-mail address, or to use a work e-mail account with the BlackBerry server. Work e-mail accounts can only be created if your company has a BlackBerry server.
4. Select the option you feel best fits your e-mail needs. Once an option is selected, click the “next” button for the BlackBerry e-mail setup website to open.
5. Enter the e-mail address you want linked to your phone, where prompted on the e-mail setup page. You will also need to enter the password you use to access this e-mail address.
6. Click the “Next” button once all of the information has been added. Your e-mail account will now be active on your BlackBerry handheld device. This entire process can be repeated if you wish to be able to access multiple e-mail accounts from your phone.
7. Access the BlackBerry menu again, once your e-mail addresses have been setup. In the menu, locate the e-mail icon, and click on it to begin using and viewing your e-mail. If you’ve added multiple accounts, the phone will create an inbox icon for each address on the home screen.
8. Select the “Email Settings” icon to edit the settings of your e-mail addresses after getting them set up. Select the “Edit” link that appears under the e-mail address you wish to edit. This screen allows you to edit the e-mail and reply-to address, as well as the name, password and signature that appears on the e-mail account.
10. Edit the e e-mail and reply-to address, as well as the name, password and signature that appears on the e-mail account in this screen. You can also check the “Leave Deleted-Items” option in this screen, if you wish to delete e-mails from your phone and have them removed from your e-mail account. These e-mails will appear in the “Trash” folder when you access your e-mail account from a computer.
Things You’ll Need
- BlackBerry handheld device
- Internet capability on your BlackBerry phone