- Start by looking at what you need in order to create your first audio book. With the amount of information available to you on the web this exercise become very easy. You’ll need a computer and a market for your audio book if you intend selling your material. You’ll need software and recording equipment, and maybe a mic or headphones.
- Make sure everything is working as it is supposed to. If you don’t know how to use a certain equipment you can easily go on the web and find out information on how to use your equipment.
- Write the material that you’re going to record on a blank piece of paper. Your sources could come from anywhere.
- Start practicing what you’ll talk about so that when you record it’s much easier for you when you start editing your recordings.
- Record and save all your recording on a single file for easy access when you need to use those files. Make sure you set the software that you using to record files in mp3 format so that your recordings can correspond with any media player that the recordings are played on. Start recording!
- Edit. Most of the time the software that you are using to record will have editing option on it. Starting with your intro or how ever your recording is structured. Listen carefully to your recording and start thinking about how do you want other people to hear your recordings.
- Play around with your voice giving it different pitches the highs and the lows.
- Add some effects to your recordings to make it more catchy to the listener. Remember that the recording is for the listener so think about them more than anything thing.
- Think about if this is how you would like to hear a recording if it was presented to you.
- Let other people listen to your recording. Maybe family or close friends and ask them truly what do they think and how can you improve on your product.
- After you are satisfied with whatever that you have done, put all the recorded and edited tracks together in a form of an ordinary CD that you would buy off the shelf. Name each track accordingly to the subject at hand.
- When the recordings are done look for packing and design a cover for your CD or for marketing purposes if you are going to market on the Internet. Now that you have a solid CD that is packaged its time to make some sales. Easy as that.
Take a look at some of the responses we've had to this article.
Post a Comment
Let us know what you thought.